Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bountifully Blessed . . .


Day 9:

I am thankful for snow.

We got our first snow of the season. While I would have preferred that it wait until closer to or after Thanksgiving, I do appreciate the fact that the earth does not let us down when it comes to the nourishment needed to sustain life upon it. We didn't get a lot of snow, but it was wet and I am sure that all my little flowers and trees, trying to hibernate, appreciated the drink.

On Sunday evening, our adventurous Bugaloo strongly announced that she was ready for snow in all its forms, and that she wanted to put to work the new boots, coat, hat, and snow pants that we bought a few weeks ago. Peaches agreed with her plea and I guess they knew something, because Monday brought us fleeting flakes, and blanketed the mountains.

The only negative part? The snow did not stick down here in the valley, so for now, we are restricted to enjoying the beautiful view on the horizon.

No comments: