Sunday, November 7, 2010

Bountifully Blessed . . .

Day 7:

I am thankful for teachers.

As this can be a very general topic, I will be a little more specific. I believe that there are many people on this earth, that were given the wonderful gift to write. Not just write, but to teach through their writing. In particular, those that write about the Savior, Jesus Christ and the gospel of the Lord.

I truly think that there is a big difference between those writers/authors that write something that entertains and something that teaches. Not every book or piece of literature written can teach us, some are pure entertainment. While I do enjoy reading entertaining pieces, at times, I have made an effort to choose my literature based on educational value. I want to learn. I want to be taught. So, I want to choose that which is good and right and teaches me.

Today, I was reading a book called Believing Christ: The Parable of the Bicycle and Other Good News by Stephen E. Robinson. What a wonderful message he shares and I am grateful for the way he teaches about the principles of the gospel. I was taught, and it was enriching. I wasn't able to finish the book, but I will get a copy this week and I look forward to being taught more.


You can find a short version of his message here.

No comments: