Monday, November 8, 2010

Bountifully Blessed . . .

Day 8:

I am thankful for my children, they are blessings to me.


I have always been acutely aware of the little time that I have with my children, as children. I like to think positively and believe that I have at least 20 years with each of them before they strike out on their own in the world. I will spend less time with them in our small, young, family setting than they will the rest of their lives. I want to know them. I want to enjoy everything about them. I want them to know me and their Dad, and I want us to love being together.

Maybe that is one reason I teach them at home. Ky is already half way there and it makes me sad. So I am thankful for the time that I have with them. As much as I like to have a schedule, if the need arises to "fudge" a little, we do. Why? You ask. Why not!! I say.

I love to teach them and watch them grow and progress, but I also love to play with them and watch their personalities shine through. I love to listen to them talk to me about complete nonsense and also complete brilliance.

During this time in my life, THEY are my reason. I am here to teach and nurture them. That is the season I am in and I am eternally grateful.

No comments: