Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bountifully Blessed . . .

I am going to do a series of posts, this month, expressing my gratitude and thanks for the many wonderful blessings in my life. Some may be short, some posts a little longer. These will be in no particular order of importance, I will write about what is in my heart for that day. Through doing this, I hope that my attitude of gratitude will increase. Your welcome to join along! Here we go:

** Let me preface this by saying that I am aware that it is a day late. I got it all typed and thought I published it, but did not, so here it is.

Day 1:

I am thankful for surprise lunch dates!

I got a text this morning from the mighty hunter (aka: head contractor, dad, hottie, my husband; it is hunting season here) asking if we wanted to meet him for lunch. Quickly, I agreed! It is lots of fun to go out to lunch with Dad and a major treat. He said that we could choose the location, so after much debate we narrowed it down to three choices. Peaches was voting for McD's. hmmm . . . Ky and Bugaloo both voted for a local pizza and pasta buffet. JJ, he really doesn't care where we eat, just as long as food is involved.




I wasn't really in the mood for any of the above choices so I threw in my vote. When we presented the Mighty Hunter with the choices, he agreed with me and, surprisingly, without much argument from the hungry, eager kids, the time and place were set; off we went!!



It really is a good feeling to put on your best clothes and go out. When we got to the agreed upon venue, I quickly surmised that the wait for a table would be a little longer than what our 2 1/2 year olds patience and stomach could handle, so I called the Mighty Hunter and presented a new plan; the yummy Chinese food restaurant that we all know and LOVE. It was agreed and we changed course. What a great change! We LOVE this restaurant and their food and it was just what we all wanted and needed.



Lunch was wonderful and the company was amazing. Thanks Hun!!!!

No comments: