Saturday, April 24, 2010

Our Week . . .

I know it has been a while since I did a weekly update, so here we go!

We have been deep into Core Phase and are loving every bit of it. The kids have really been super helpful with our family work time and it is amazing how, in such a short amount of time, they are getting it! We have taken some ( ok, a lot) breaks throughout our day to read and read and read. We are almost finished with Just So Stories by Rudyard Kipling. The kids find it hilarious, especially Ky and Bugaloo.

Speaking of the oldest two, they have dived into beginning Love of Learning. Ky has been reading a biography on Tchaikovsky and listening to many of his works. She has also been reading books about soccer. Bugaloo has devoured the books about drawing that I found at the library. She said that she wanted to learn more about technique, but I noticed that she has skipped over that part of the book to the How-to's. I am fine with that, she is getting the books and putting her nose in it and besides, she LOVES it. She also read a couple of books about hummingbirds and soccer.

Ky reading in an insect field guide about crickets.

I am almost done with Little Britches, and even though I have already read Anne of Green Gables, I will read it again for the challenge. It amazes me that as a wife and mother, I get so nervous about making decisions for our family and home, yet when I do, remembering to keep the Lord in the decision, the result brings peace, order, understanding, I could go on and on. It has been a wonderful week.

We didn't get outside quite as much as we would have liked. It rained for the better part of the week, but we also enjoyed seeing the rain turn all the world green outside. I hope that you are all having a welcoming Spring as well. Enjoy!

JJ looking outside at the rain.

1 comment:

Corine Moore said...

I love your blog. :) I love the photo of the little one looking outside, and the peace I feel here. I love that you do a summary of your weekly studies, too. Thank you - and good job!

I am a homeschool mom, and think I may incorporate that into my blogging. Thanks again... Corine :D