Thursday, April 1, 2010

Distractions & Changes . . .

I haven't been posting a lot about weekly learning lately, but it has been for good reason.

#1 . . . We decided to take our "spring break" (whatever that means) this last week. We have had three extra little boys join us for the week and they have kept us all entertained and busy. It is always fun to have cousins come to stay and the kids have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Ky and Bugaloo have continued to read in their books. Ky is now reading the last book of May Bird and Bugaloo started on Anne of Green Gables. It has been quite a challenge for me to keep my studying and reading going with the addition of little ones. I guess that when you have 7 kids ages 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 2, 9 months there is a lot more time demanded of oneself. So I applaud all you mothers out there that have more than 4 kids and can still do it all. Hurray!!! You are utterly amazing!!

#2 . . . My second reason is that with the studying I have been doing in TJEd and other reading, has encouraged me to go about our learning in a different way. I decided to take a break from the binder work and "forced" learning and just focus on our home environment and skills that we want the kids to learn. So, I am observing and we will go from there. I will post later about what we see and decide to do.

TJEd Challenge Update

I finished The Lonesome Gods by Louis L'Amour and am now into Laddie. Moving right along . . .

No comments: