Monday, May 7, 2012


I have been reading a memoir by Louis La'Mour called Education Of A Wandering Man.  This book is amazing.  It gives an insight into Mr. La'Mour's education.  It is full of thought provoking information and very inspiring.  I have been filling my reading journal with so many quotes that I hope to reread and share.

I decided to start sharing some of those quotes, even though I am not finished with the book yet, because there are so many and I would like you all to get a feel for this great read.  I am not going to elaborate on my thoughts to these bits of wisdom, just share them and hope that it ignites some thoughts and feelings in you. Enjoy!

~ ~ ~

" The idea of education has been so tied to schools, universities, and professors that many assume there is no other way, but education is available to anyone within reach of a library, a  post office, or even a newsstand. . . .

Often I hear people say they do not have time to read. That's absolute nonsense.  In a year . . . I read 25 books while waiting for people.  In offices, applying for jobs, waiting to see a dentist, waiting in a restaurant . . .  I read on buses, trains, and planes.  If anyone really wants to learn, one has to decide what is important. Spending an evening on the town? 
Attending a ball game? Or learning something that can be with you your life long?"

Louis La'Mour, Education of a Wandering Man, Pg. 2

No comments: