Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello there, Do I dare try this again?

Hello all,

I know, I know, it has been an extremely long time since my last posts. Life. That's all I can say about that. Things here at Our Home's School have been very interesting and busy. We have made a few changes regarding our learning and I hope to get things changed here to reflect that.
For the most part, I have been loving on the beautiful angels that I get the opportunity to be with on this earth. I have been reading a lot more, but the sort of books that have really added to my soul and helped me realize that kind of Mama I need to be.

I have to say, that when we first started our new journey of home education, I researched and studied every method and curriculum out there to find the one that we best fit into. Now, I have come to the conclusion that there is no need to try to fit into something. We need to find what works for us and for the eternal goals that we have as a family and as individuals.

I have come to an important conclusion, for me and my role here on this earth; it is my opportunity, privilege, and responsibility to teach my children the things they need in order to have the tools necessary to make it through this life and live with our Heavenly Father again. I used to see this as a heavy load, and truthfully, I still have days that the load seems heavy, but now I am thankful for this opportunity; so grateful.

So, I hope to reflect those feelings here as well as share the things that we experience. Here's to new beginnings!

Enjoy,

GG

No comments: