Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Curriculum . . .

I hate the word curriculum because it sounds so institutionalized. With that said, I got mine in the mail the other day and am so excited to get into it! I did quite a lot of research into all the many forms of homeschooling, and let me say there are a lot out there. I read books, reviews, articles, and more on everything there is out there and came to a decision on what we wanted for our family and what would work best. The curriculum that we will "base" our schooling on is the Accelerated Achievement A squared LDS version. Along with this, we will incorporate a big use of the classics. I found the book A Thomas Jefferson Education helpful with this.

So now onto the planning. Some homeschooling families say that there really is not a whole lot of planning that needs to be involved, which I am sure is true with some courses, but I am a planner and organizer and so over the next couple of months, I will be delving into my information during my free time and getting things together.

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Glad you started this. Just wondering what you are going to use for Sam? Looking forward to learning from ya. You're going to do a great job homeschooling.